5 Reasons For a Destination Wedding
- VIP Guest List - Making the guest list is easily one of the hardest parts of planning a wedding. Deciding who to
invite and who not to can be stressful. The great thing about a destination wedding is only those closest to the bride and
groom attend. You can celebrate your matrimony in a small, intimate ceremony with the VIPs who mean the most to you. Knowing
the unique considerations involved with an out-of-town wedding, those you do invite will feel particularly honored to be
included in your very special day.
- Happy Middle Ground - Trying to plan a hometown wedding when your families live in different places is tough. No matter
which city you choose, you run the risk of offending someone. In these instances, a
destination wedding can give both families a place to "meet in the middle."
- The Celebration Keeps Going - Weddings may take months to plan, but the actual day flies by in no time. As you hurry
from saying your vows to cutting the cake, there aren't many opportunities to stop and savor the moment. One of the biggest
luxuries a destination wedding affords is time. Because everyone tends to travel to the area at least a few days ahead of
time, you will have more time to visit and celebrate with your guests.
- Less Stress - While getting married hundreds or thousands of miles away from home might sound stressful, it actually
isn't. So many couples today try to take on too many do-it-yourself projects, which end up being more time consuming and
stressful than anticipated. When you don't live near your wedding destination, you can rely on your wedding planner to handle
all of the details. You'll enjoy a less stressful experience when you aren't sweating the small stuff.
- Two Honeymoons - Having a destination wedding is almost like having two honeymoons. The first begins as soon as you
arrive in town for the wedding. After enjoying the wedding location, most couples head to a separate destination for their
If you love the idea of a destination wedding but are feeling a little homesick, there is no need to worry. Many couples host a
second reception once they return home for all of the guests who couldn't attend the ceremony. That way you can have the best of
both worlds – the wedding of your dreams with all the perks of a destination wedding and
a big party with all of your friends and family.