April 1, 2020 Update:
- To comply with federal and state mandates, and to ensure the safety of our guests and employees, we have temporarily suspended our Las
Vegas and Grand Canyon flights through April 30, and Hawaii flights through May 21.
- Our customer service team is available by phone and live chat for questions and are accepting reservations for your future travel plans.
March 13, 2020:
We are closely monitoring the information from the World Health Organization (WHO) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and following the guidelines from these agencies. We will remain attentive and are ready to respond to changing conditions. The safety and wellbeing of our guests, pilots and employees is and always has been our number one priority. All locations in Nevada, Arizona and Hawaii are open and operating.
Standard procedure for all Maverick Helicopters includes the engine being shut down after each flight. Once the guests are safely away from the helicopter, the helicopter is then sanitized and the cabin is refreshed.
Additional preventative procedures include:
- We will continue to sanitize all helicopters after each flight with an extended cleaning process each night.
- We have asked our pilots to minimize hand contact with guests.
- Helicopter headphones will continue to be sanitized before each flight and we ask guests to only use the microphone when needed.
- All ground vehicle interiors will continue to be sanitized before each pick-up, when applicable.
- Lobbies and terminals will continue to be cleaned and sanitized throughout the day with an extensive deep cleaning each night.
At this time, Maverick Helicopters is continuing with all flights as normal and monitoring the recommendations of health authorities. If you have a reservation for a flight and are feeling ill
(experiencing symptoms like a fever, cough, or shortness of breath), please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 702-405-4300 immediately.